So there is this glorified new service by Daewoo called Gold Class. I saw the pictures and posts of the inauguration and decided to experience the service. I traveled twice in #DaewooExpress #GoldClass this weekend (Yes Gold Class services is for LHR-RWP and RWP-LHR only) and here is what I have to say:
- No doubt when you board a bus the first thing you observe is the cleanliness and your seat. Hence bus was new, clean and seats were spacious but customer handling was disappointing (They were once distinguished for good customer handling).
- Once seated I was making myself comfortable when I realized the entertainment LCD was missing (which is mentioned in their official posts along with pictures that every seat has their own LCD. I hope they did not shop online 😛 you know what I mean :-D) So I got a bit gloomy and felt cheated when I thought to watch a movie will keep me preoccupied from the four and half hour long journey. This is applicable for both routes LHR-RWP and RWP-LHR
Recommendation: Please get the LCDs or stop misleading customers 🙂
- Oh yeah, then I HAD to turn my attention towards Wi-Fi to keep me engaged so I tried to connect to Zong4G offered by Daewoo Gold Class. I struggled to connect for the first half an hour and when it got connected it never worked (On my way back from RWP-LHR we had no Wi-Fi at all :-D) yeah talk about bad luck
Recommendation: Please check the connections regularly with regular bus maintenance routine.
- On my way back to Lahore I needed to charge my phone so I rumble around my seat to check if they have any switchboards or something as I have seen a person or two people charging their phones. They have USB ports which have protective covers and were not user-friendly. I struggled to get my mobile to charge and after I have asked for help 4 times I got the answer only Driver uncle knows how it will open. So I waited and asked Driver during the stopover to help me out and guess what? he couldn’t do it 🙁
Recommendation: Please train your staff
- I asked for a napkin and Bus hostess comes with a piece of toilet tissue and politely tells me that I am giving this from my bag as we do not have napkins in our buses.
Recommendations: Please make sure you have extra napkins in every bus. who doesn’t keep tissue box in their cars? 🙂
- AC was running at full the whole time even though asked them to turn it a bit down for few minutes. Felt like traveled in a refrigerated bus 😀
Recommendation: You know what to do 😛
As I hope it gets better with time please share your experiences of transport services.